There are many shops specialized in wedding flowers in Denver, creating and delivering fabulous arrangements as well as simple bouquets.
The wedding bouquet is one of the bride`s central accessories, together with the dress and the jewelry, so there is typically a lot of (perfectly justifiable!) fuzz about it. It must be perfect, that`s for sure.
The significance of the wedding bouquet
Wedding ceremonies enhanced with flowers are no novelty. Romans considered the flowers a symbol of fertility and therefore they were present not just in the ceremony but also during the entire wedding preparation process.
Edible aromatic herbs were also an important part of the wedding ceremonies, as it was believed, in ancient Greece and Roman Empire, that they can keep evil spirits away and also increase sexual desire.
These practices have changed over time, but the bouquet remains until today a bearer of a message. In old times, the color of the bouquet was very important (intense colors were translated into intense feelings), but today this meaning does not exist anymore and flowers are chosen according to personal preferences or to match the wedding`s theme and the color of the dress.
We will not insist on tossing the bouquet as it is merely a recent practice, not a tradition.
What type of floral bouquet would you like?
In order to choose your bouquet, you must first identify your style. You can find all kind of wedding flowers in Denver, including rare and exotic species, thus you have plenty of choices. Look around, evaluate different flower arrangements, decide what fits your budget, learn about flowers` meanings and figure out your floral style. Here are some suggestions of floral designs and keywords for each of them:
- Classic floral design: round, crisp, roses.
- Romantic: fluffy flowers, English rose, lily, iris, neutral/ antique pink, beige or white
- Modern: minimal design, modern shapes, bright colors, exotic flowers
- Natural: daisies, sunflowers, greenery, loose & organic designs
- Wild: many colors and textures, free-flowing design
Things to consider when choosing your wedding bouquet
- Choose your wedding dress first, because it is easier to match flowers with it than vice-versa
- The shape and size of the bouquet should be chosen carefully, according to the dress, the wedding theme and decoration (flower shops in Denver are a great place to start).
- If there is something you can add to make it personal, do it (it may be anything, from a silk scarf from your grandmother that you can use to bind the bouquet, to a little brooch that you can attach to a ribbon)
- Make sure your bouquet is picture perfect because it will be the star in all the photographs, together with its bearer
- Choose a bouquet that you can hold easily. Carrying something too large or heavy will make you look a bit awkward
- It doesn’t matter what flowers you choose for your bouquet, as long as you can keep them fresh during the ceremony and reception.
Keep these aspects in mind when choosing wedding flowers, and you will surely be happy with the result.